Friday, April 8, 2011

Penile Problems

What disorders affect the penis?
Some disorders that affect the penis include priapism, Peyronie's disease , balanitis, phimosis, paraphimosis, and penile cancer .

What is priapism?

Priapism is a persistent, often painful erection lasting more than 4 hours in duration. The priapism erection is not associated with sexual activity and is not relieved by orgasm. It occurs when blood flows into the penis but is not adequately drained.

Common causes of priapism include:

Alcohol or drug abuse (especially cocaine)
Certain medications, including some antidepressants and blood pressure medications
Spinal cord problems
Injury to the genitals
Anesthesia
Penile injection therapy (a treatment for erectile dysfunction)
Blood diseases, including leukemia and sickle cell anemia

How is priapism treated?

Treatment for priapism is a medical emergency, because a prolonged erection can scar the penis and result in a long term complication of erectile dysfunction if if not treated. The goal of treatment is to relieve the erection and preserve normal penile function. In most cases, treatment involves draining the blood using a needle placed in the side of the penis. Medications that help shrink blood vessels, which decreases blood flow to the penis, also may be used. In rare cases, surgery may be required to avoid permanent damage to the penis. If the condition is due to sickle cell disease, a blood transfusion may be necessary. Treating any underlying medical condition or substance abuse problem is important to preventing priapism.

1 comment:

  1. HOW DR PERFECT ENLARGEMENT CREAM HELP ME TO ENLARGE MY PENIS YOU CAN ADD HIM UP ON WHATSAPP +1(256) 251 3614

    My name is David Richardson from USA I want to share a testimony of how Dr Perfect herbal mixture cream saved me from shame and disgrace, my penis was a big problem to me as the size was really so embarrassing and I was also having weak erection problem. I can't make love to my wife and my penis was just too small, a full grown man like me having 3 inches penis and to worsen it I don't last long in sex I can't even last four minutes it was really a big shame to me. My wife was really tired of me because my sex life was very poor, she never enjoyed sex, I was always thinking and searching for solutions everywhere until when I saw a testimony of how Dr Perfect herbal mixture cream have been helping people regarding their sex life, so I decided to give him a try and to my greatest surprise in less than one week of taking the herbs my penis grow to 10 inches I couldn't believe my eyes and as I speak now my penis is now 10 inches long and I don't have weak erection anymore. I can make love to my wife longer in bed. And my marriage is now stable my wife is now enjoy me very well in bed. All thanks to Dr Perfect for enlarging my penis he indeed save my marriage. You can contact him at solutiontoallproblems1@gmail.com or you can add him up on WhatsApp +1(256) 251 3614. He also specializes in the following things
    Herpes virus
    Cancer
    Hsv
    Chronic venous disease
    and others

    ReplyDelete